The Society of the Friends of the Parish Church of St Cuthbert was founded in 2002 to support the mission and work of the church.
The Society brings together people who love and cherish the fine building and its Christian ministry. The funds raised by the society, have been used to support a number of projects within the church, which would otherwise not have been possible.
St Cuthbert's is believed to be the oldest religious site in Edinburgh, founded by St Cuthbert himself who stayed in the sheltered hollow below the Edinburgh castle rock, while visiting Edinburgh during the 7th century. The present church was completed in 1894 and is the seventh building on this site.
Today St Cuthbert's, in conjunction with other city centre churches, works to help those living and working in the city centre, the business community, and people who are homeless.
We invite you to become a Friend of St Cuthberts's, and . . .
Help us to secure the presence of this church in the city of Edinburgh
Some pictures from Friend's of St Cuthbert's outings HERE
A leaflet with more information is available HERE (pdf), or e-mail
For all Church or calendar related issues, please contact :